Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trade and Globalization


Hello all. I am Xaralambos, And I will be your blog author for this week.
Over the next few months, I will be attempting to analyze the globalization of trade. Globalization describes how many different cultures interact with each other. One of the myriad of ways they interact is through trade. One culture trades goods with another culture, and through that interaction the two cultures are irreversibly changed. I will start by examining the effects of trade between ancient societies, such as the ancient Greeks, Romans, Phoenicians, and Egyptians. Following that, I will continue by analyzing the trade routes between peoples, and the changes in said people's culture as they continued to trade and grow. After this I will examine more modern trade routes and the phenomena that occurred as a result between more modern societies, and analyze the similarities between said phenomena and the phenomena that occured when the ancient societies encountered similar circumstances. Using the similarities observed, and the differences in reactions under similar circumstances, I hope to observe and, maybe not predict, but note similarities between current events concerning global trade and globalization. 
 Alright, That's All for tonight. I apologise for the skeletal post, but I do intend to expand on this pitiful post later in the week, after the tests have had their way with me. Hopefully this bottle of wine will help sway them.
This is Xaralambos, Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment